Wednesday 30 April 2014

A pretty frame

Happy Wednesday to you ! Today I wanted to show you some off the page altered art. I made one of these frames for myself when 'playing' with ideas and loved how it turned out. I'm a 'everything white' kind of person, very shabby chic and pretty and romantic and these frames reflect that. My friends and family saw this frame and since then I have made loads of them for them and for gifts that they wanted to give to other people.
They start of as a normal plain pine frame, then covered in gesso. Two coats is sometimes needed. A tissue stamping technique is then used with Indigo Blu 'slap it on'. Stamp image, I used an Indigo Blu stamp, onto mansize tissues with a pigment ink, I used Brilliance pearlescent range in two colours that complement each other. when dry cut out image neatly and as close to edge as possible but without cutting into edge of stamping, then separate tissue to one layer and using 'Slap it on'  with a paint brush coat the frame where u re putting your image with a thin layer, lay tissue on top and then paint a further layer of 'slap it on' over the top, to seal, being careful not to brush over it for to long as you will ruin the tissue if too wet or if rubbed to hard for too long. Continue to cover over your frame in this way until you have gone all the way round it. Leave to dry, I normally leave over night. This a good technique to go over or round corners, if your frame has a ridge like mine, as the tissue folds and stick around these.                                                                                                                            

Then you are ready to decorate. There are so many different ways to do this, and so many products that could be used. I used my favourite flowers on this one, Prima Tatiana, that come in various colours, a doily, lace around the aperture, a flourish die, mine is a cheerie lyn, Prima butterflies, Prima songbird flowers, Sissix banner die, peg, and tiny mulberry rosebuds.  
 
I like words or verses on them too, this one has just a couple words on the sissix banner die cut, inked round the edge with distress ink 'frayed burlap'.
 

I usually decorate 3 out of four corners with one being more prominent then the others.
Try making these  to match your colour scheme in your house or of a wedding for a lovely gift.
I do these to order for any occasion or colour scheme, having done birthday's wedding's, anniversaries, mother's day and have personalised them to suit. 
Have a lovely rest of the day!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment