Saturday 26 April 2014

A vintage page....


Evening all, hope its a good one! Tonight i'm going to share with you another Swirlydoo's layout, this time for the April butterfly challenge, of an old photo of my mum as a little girl. I'm still getting that vintage feel from this kit.
This months kit came with a lovely MDF frame, which I decided to use on my page and not on its own. I just love the papers in this collection, Authentique Classique Elegance.  

The butterflies are a Marianne designs die and the pansy punch is Martha Stewart border punch.

Petaloo flowers with the bling and the lovely silver cord round the edge of the frame

I love the way that using the frame on my scrapbook page gives texture,depth and layers

I used American Crafts Thickers and a white pen for the faux stitching. Papers edged in distress ink 'Walnut stain' and liquid pearls 'platinum pearl' on the butterflies.

I embossed the frame with WOW embossing powders, firstly 'sparkling silver' an 
 d then in patches round the frame I used 'chunky silver' over the top to add different look and texture in places.

Hope you all have a good evening, thank you for visiting,x

No comments:

Post a Comment