Monday 28 December 2015

Maja Design - Home for Christmas

I hope you have had a great Christmas !!!

So as we seem to have missed another chance of a white Christmas this year, I have had to create my own  frost and snow on my layouts !
I love these gorgeous Maja Design papers 'Home for Christmas'.  I didn't want to lose the designs on the paper by doing too much on it, so wanted to do a small design following the snowy frozen theme of the paper. This photo of my daughter seemed perfect- in her 'Frozen' dress and her face painted with a frozen snowflake theme.



I backed the design with The Crafters Workshop 6x6 mask 'Mini Grandma's Doily' and texture paste. My photo was backed on corrugated kraft cardboard. I used Blue Fern Studio 'Shabby Flakes' chipboard snowflakes. I covered them in gesso and then had a rough coat of Shimmerz Texturez Patina. My flowers were a mixture of The Hobby House 'small floral aqua blue' and some blue roses I had in my stash. Also used were some Prima Alpha stickers, cheeseclothe, Creative Embellishmets cream Pearls 5mm, Prima Say it in Crystals 'Ephiphany' self adhesive embellishments and some snow berries from AnnaMarie Designs. My chipboard Reindeer was covered with Stampendous Vintage Shabby Blue embossing enamel. I then finished off with some 'Snowtex' dabbed onto the flowers and snowflakes for the 'snowy' feel !







I hope you all have a new a very happy new year !

Ginny  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment