Saturday 7 May 2016

My first Design Team layout for CSI: color, stories, inspiration

Hi all,

  I'm so excited to be sharing my first design team layout for CSI: color, stories, inspiration with you!
It has been a big dream of mine to make it onto a design team and I'm so proud and honoured to make it onto this awesome team! My term runs for 6 months now, so I am going to have loads to share with you all!
For those of you not clued up to CSI, here is a little bit of what it is all about. CSI is all about journaling and telling your story and memories from your gorgeous photos!
We have what we call 3 'Case Files' a month where you get a colour scheme to use, not just for your papers but for everything on your page. You can add 'the neutrals' as well if you need them, being black, white, cream, kraft and brown.
The Scheme and testimony are the clues/pointers for you to choose your photo/memory to scrap and to tell the story in the journaling. The evidence are elements to use within your layout. You have to choose at least  3 from the evidence list and 1 from the Testimony list.
Its all about fun! There is such a lovely range of styles from the DT, there has got to be something there to inspire you!  Come on over and enter your layouts in these challenges, it's really exiting to see whom the DT choose as their 'Most Wanted' (favourite layouts) each case file! Click on the purple link above to visit us!

So lets get on with showing you something!

Here is my layout...



This is case file no. 199


Here is what I used of the Evidence list:

* dandelion/flower
* lace, pearls
* metal
* circles

Here is what I hose of the Testimony list:

* Journal about a vintage photo
* Inspirational words; Lovely

My layout is all about my parents wedding day in 1968 and how lovely my Mum's wedding dress was. I love lace and Mums dress was full of lace!

The layout is also following the above sketch.


My background paper is Blue Fern Studios, from the Montage collection. The pinks in this paper matched the pinks in the 'Scheme' perfectly. This paper also had the dark grey in it too with the flourishes and the bird wearing the crown.


The yellow was the colour I used the least probably, it was my highlight with the butterfly, my pearl bunting and the paint splats in the background.


I used a stamp in the background of a dandelion seed head.


The stencilling with texture paste was my 'circles'.


My 'metal' was the key. The pearls, well they are easy to see! The photos were edged with doilies and lace.


Here is my supply list:

Blue Fern Studio: Montage: Wisdom
Petaloo: Botania Collection: Mums and Butterflies - yellow
Prima Marketing: Tales of Me & You #586287
Prima Marketing: Say! it in Crystals: #553920
Prima Marketing: Velvet Rainbow: Dove Grey #556303
Prima Marketing: Stencil #
Indigo Blu: Acrylic paint: Banana Custard
Finnabair: Texture paste: crackle white
Dandelion stamp: uk
Staz On Ink: Dove Grey
The Hobby House: Heart Pearls: Ivory Silk
Route: Metal Key
Gesso
Lace, Doily & pearl trim from my stash.
Cream cardstock
Leaf swirl die

I really hope you have enjoyed visiting my first post for the CSI design team.
Please feel free to leave comments, it's so lovely to hear what you all think and to know your are visiting! Thank you!

Ginny   :)





No comments:

Post a Comment