Friday 15 July 2016

Summer Birthdays!

Hello all,

I'm sharing with you my layout for the July SGC challenge at Swirlydoos kit club.


This month the theme was summer/birthdays and there had to be two photos. There had to be some elements on the page that were in two's and  a verse/poem.
The theme was easy, my Dad and my Husband both have birthdays in July, in fact they are both on the same day!
I had 2 metal hearts, 2 chipboard hinges, 2 people in the photo and the layout was about 2 birthdays.
I then added the verse 'And in the end it's not the years in your life that count its the life in your years'.
And I did use 2 photos! This I was wondering if it was a cheat or not?!? I used two identical photos but cut one a lot smaller then the other. I then layered them up so they aligned perfectly like doing a decoupage. So its two photos in one!
The BoBunny papers were a Prize I won from a Sketch Challenge at Swirlydoos.
The chipboard Hinges by Southern Ridge Co. were in a Blog Hop prize I also won from Swirlydoos.

Here are some close up's.


The 2 chipboard hinges were painted with the Viva gold paint.


The foam hearts were part of the Amy Tangerine Alpha set.


I rolled the end of the filmstrip up and fastened with a paper clip.
This photo also shows the layered up photos really well. The top photo is layered up with cardboard to give it better dimension.


I used the Jazz glitter glue on the edges of the flowers as well as some glitter glue dots around the clusters.


Products used were:

BoBunny; Star-Crossed; Unlocked
BoBunny; Star-Crossed; Belonging
BoBunny; Star-Crossed; Love
BoBunny; Star-Crossed; Altered
Prima Marketing; Color Bloom Spray; Antique Gold
Cosmic Shimmer Mist; Red Firefly
Jazz; Glitter Glue; Black
Viva; Precious Metal Colour; Gold
Prima Marketing Flowers; School Memories #570750
Prima Marketing flowers; Something Blue; At the Alter #575298
Petaloo; Daisy Layers; Burlap canvas Natural
Eyelet Outlet; Jewels string; Black
Fabscraps; Everlasting chipboard DC46022
Amy Tangerine Thickers; After Glow; Black
Finnabair Mechanics; Metal; Tin Hearts #963361
BoBunny Film Strip; Rose Café
Paperclip
Distress Ink; Walnut Stain
Swirls from a Spellbinders Die.

Hope you've liked this one.
Please feel free to leave comments, I love hearing from you all!

Ginny  :)



          




No comments:

Post a Comment