Wednesday 10 May 2017

May Challenge Entries

Good evening all!


I so enjoyed doing my layout for the More than Words challenge last month I decided to enter this months challenge as well!
And this one is so up my street, the word inspiration is 'Mother' and then the theme is Flowers! What could be more perfect then that for a flower loving girl like me?!

I have also teamed this layout up with the Scrap The Girls Challenge also with the theme 'Mothers'.


Here's my layout





Here is the MTW challenge and link to the challenge post HERE


Here is the STG challenge and link to the challenge post HERE





Now for a little info on my creating!

My photo is of my Mum ❤ She is pictured here visiting a beautiful garden over the winter with the most amazing backdrop of plants and flowers. I rummaged through my patterned papers for the right papers and found these perfect papers from Kaisercraft called Treasured Moments. The forest green and deep raspberry colours matched the background colours of the photo so well.

Obviously it had to be flower overload, I have created this effect with fussy cut flowers and a selection of flowers from Wild Orchid crafts.
After that I had a bit of fun with some mixed media!



This Dusty Attic Chipboard flourish is two pieces layered up and then embossed with the magenta embossing powder. This powder is lovely, it has glitter pieces in it so is really sparkly but also when its heated bits of it go slightly white which gives a lovely effect. I have noticed this with other colours from the range, not sure if it happens from over heating or is meant to happen but either way I love it!  



The other piece of chipboard, the doily, I embossed most of it again with the magenta but left alternate parts of the pattern bare so when the chippie had been finished heat embossed and cooled I could glue the bare parts and add the Army Green glitter. The doily I then cut in half and used in two places on my layout. 




My edges were all distressed with my Prima distress tool.
I used two types of flowers from Wild Orchid crafts, these are paper flowers, the small Gypsophila comes in several different colours and these two pinky ones matched perfectly with my layout.




I spent a long tie fussy cutting the flowers, a little time consuming but worth it. I gives a great backdrop for the rest of the embellishments




I firstly designed the main area of my layout with the photo, photo layers and where my fussy cutting as going to go but not attaching it to the background paper. This gave me my design shape to work with for adding my mixed media background on my background paper. 
I used a wide dry paint brush to dry brush/smudge some gesso over the design area.   I then used the Distress grit paste to do my stencilling with. I love this stuff, its so easy to work with, gives a fabulous texture and it dries a lot quicker then normal texture paste.




After attaching the main design (I popped this up on some cardboard or use foam tape/pads) to the dried mixed media background and paper I slotted the doily chipboard into the two corners under the photo mount layers. then I built the rest of the design up on top with the flourish chipboard swirl and the flowers.
I added some gesso splats all over the layout then too.



Lastly I added some Frantage fragments mixed with some pink Art Sugar with some gel medium in a few areas around the layout.




The flowers I used on top and poke underneath my fussy cut layers to help create the depth to the layout. My fussy cut sentiment was inked with the Rose Bud chalk ink pad.




Products used on this layout


*  Kaisercraft: Treasured Moments: Memory (both sides)
* Kaisercraft: Treasured Moments: Wonder
Dusty Attic: Chipboard: Decorative Scroll #1 DA0213
Dusty Attic: Chipboard: Doily #5 DA0763
Wild Orchid Crafts: Flowers: Sweetheart Blossoms Ivory
Wild Orchid Crafts: Flowers: Gypsophila pink & wine
Stampendous: Frantage Fragments: Shabby Pink
Tim Holtz: Distress Grit Paste white
Memory Box Stencil:
Gesso white
Prima Chalk Ink Pad: Rose Bud
Blue fern Studios: Imagine Ink: Embossing Powder: Magenta
Blue Fern Studios: Imagine Ink: Glitter Army Dust
Prima Marketing: Art Ingredients: Art Sugar: Pale Pink





This photo is taken at an angle to show you the layers and how this creates the depth and interest  to the layout.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my layout!

That's all for now!


Ginny  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment