Tuesday 30 May 2017

***Sketch Challenge at Swirlydoos Kit Club***

"Hello" crafty friends!

Another day and another layout. :)

Today I want to share with you my layout for the sketch challenge at Swirlydoos Kit Club.

I am loving the sketches that Kim is creating for the Swirlydoos monthly sketch challenges and I particularly enjoyed the design of this one!

My layout as been created with 98%  products from previous  Swirlydoos Kit club  Kits.


Here is my layout .......




and now to show you the sketch....





So as you can see I have used a oblong frame rather then an oval frame. This wooden frame from a previous swirlydoos kit was simply painted with a couple of coats of gesso.




In the top right hand corner of the sketch there is a small frame. the one I added to my layout is made with a Martha Stewart mould with Ice Resin, the Ice Resin is also from a previous Technique it Add on kit from Swirlydoos.




The brick work I created with a Stencil and my favourite Distress Grit paste.
I also used a Finnabair small background clear stamp, crackle effect in my background, painted the stamp gently with gesso and stamped with it to get the white crackle over the background. I then splattered over the background with some black acrylic paint.




The title is a Heidi Swapp acetate word. I used a clear glue to adhere this to the page, just adding a dot of the glue on the extreme edges of the word.




My two beautiful focal point flowers are by EK Success. They have a very pretty floral print which had all the colours on them that I was using on my layout. I mixed these in with some Petaloo black burlp flowers.




The only items used on this layout that are not from a previous Swirlydoos kit are the dusky blue paper roses and the pale sky blue apple blossoms flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The quote in the small frame I cut out from a card in the Collectables pack and glued  to back of the frame.




I used some seed beeds to add a  different type of texture and a high light colour. These are stuck to the layout using gel medium.





The finishing touch in the flower clusters are the very delicate Butterfly laser cuts from BoBunny. These I left untreated and poked them into the flower layers.




Products used on this layout:

Kaisercraft: Barber Shop: Comb
Kaisercraft: Always & Forever: Devotion
Kaisercraft: StoryBook Collectables
Darice: Seed Beads: Metallic Teal
Darice: Wooden frame
Wild Orchid Crafts: Dusky Blue Paper Roses
Wild Orchid Crafts: pale blue: Apple Blossoms
Heidi Swapp: Acetate Words
Gesso
Acrylic Paint: Black
Finnabair: Clear Stamp: Crackle
Petaloo Flowers: Textured Elements: Burlap Blossoms: Black
EK Success: Blue Lace Floral Mum flowers
Martha Stewart: Mould: Frame
Ice resin


I hope you liked this layout, I was pleased with how this turned out and noticed
afterwards that it had ended up in my favourite colour combo, pale blues and beiges, which at the start hadn't been planned but I loved it!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!


Ginny :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment