Thursday 15 June 2017

***CSI - colour stories inspiration #232***

Hello CSI-iers!
It's time for another case file at CSI - color stories inspiration!

So get out your forensics kit and lets get investigating! :)


So here is the case file for June 15th




Here is how I solved the case!





Here's how.....


All colours of the scheme used


Evidence used;

* Woodgrain background
* Wood accents
* Mesh
* animals
* Trees  foliage
* Stitching
*Label


Testimony used;

* Document something about the outdoors


Now for the low down!




So the stars of the photo are my DS when he was a toddler with his Grandad down on the beach in Broad Haven, Pembrokeshire, out of season. Who says beaches are only for summer with bikinis! The beach was nearly empty and untouched, perfect for a little boy to muck up with his spade!
My journaling is done with tiny alpha stickers, a little fiddly but I like the look.



I used some masculine elements for my embellishment cluster with the cogs, some fencing and the shutters to frame the photo. The beaches and coastal areas in Pembrokeshire are always busy with bird life and this is a passion for my father so I included the bird. And ....well I had to add a flower or two, these are masculine coloured flowers!


My leaf/ foliage element is a flourish die from Cherry Lynn, I did this in white, as there was a lot of colour going on anyway and I wanted them to just be a subtle effect not in your face! The eyelet tag is my wood accent along with the background paper, which is obviously my wood background as well. I love this paper, its like a stable door!



My paper layers, which hold all the colours from the Scheme, are all strips and oblongs of various sizes all layered up on top of each other. These have been left in inked and not even distressed! But I thought there was enough going on with all the patterns!



I do love getting my sewing machine out on my layouts, I wanted to keep to the shabby chic, mixed media feel to the layout so I did random whizzing with my machine rather then a neat line or border. I liked the effect it gave. The brads added a little final touch in the needed 'green'. 


I really like adding straws at the moment, they add a very different look and look quite striking and again great for a masculine page. Mt background stencilling was done with a Mesh stencil in Distress Grit Paste. I also added some splatting with a red acrylic paint to finish the background off.




Products used on this layout:


* 7 Dots Studio: Destination Unknown: Walk the Plank
* Carta Bella: Bundled up: 6x6  pad
* Live & Love Crafts: Straws
* Memory Box: Stencil: Mesh
* Kaisercraft: Tiny Alpha Stickers: Black
* Cherry Lynn: Die: Small Swirl Flourish
* Indigo Blu: Acrylic Artists Paint: English Cottage; PostBox Red
* BoBunny: Chipboard: Bella Rosa
Darice: Rustic Accents: Rusty Tin Fence
Prima: Wood Tickets #554422
Tim Holtz: Distress Grit Paste
Kay & Co: Green Patterned Paper
Petaloo Flowers: Darjeeling: Anemona Mix



I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog today, have a goo look around whilst your here!

I look forward to seeing your creations for this case file on the linky on the CSI blog



Here are our sponsors for this month





Ginny  :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment