Sunday 15 October 2017

A look back at a Celebration....Case File 240


I really enjoyed creating this layout for CSI- Color Stories Inspiration Case File 240,
and I am rather pleased how it turned out. 

So without further ado here is my DT layout for the latest challenge.






This was a very pretty colour palate to work with, not colours I would have normally put together but I like it.
So, are you ready for the new challenge? Grab you forensics kits, CSI players, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Major Case File No. 239.


Here is the case file. 




All 5 colours used from The Scene


The Evidence used: 

* polka dots/ stripes (papers)
* butterflies/ flowers (stencilled butterflies)
* borders (flower border sticker)
* texture paste (butterfly stencil)

The Testimony used:

* Document a birthday or other celebration


Now for some details of the layout. 




I used a couple of brands of papers. Most of the papers are from American Crafts '5th & Frolic' collection. The exception is the pinky torn paper that goes across the layout. This is a Fancy Pants 'Arctic Chill' paper. I also used some red corrugated card to accent the red colours in the photo.



I love using torn and distressed papers on my layouts, I chose my papers to fit the colour scene and had thought y chosen photo would work well with the colours. The photo has most of the colours in it on its on.  



The chipboard I painted with a gesso base and then embossed with a white embossing powder.
I have added faux stitching around some of the layers with a black Pigma pen




The chipboard title was again painted with a gesso base and then I used my Rangers white enamel accents to cover the word. I did this straight from the bottle gently squeezing and filling in the area over the word. It does give a bit of a domed puffy sticker look to it.



The tree comes from the sticker sheet with the '5th& Frolic' collection. I idea is that this is a family tree because the photo is full of members of my family and friends.  




The flower border sticker comes from Kaisercraft Silver Bells sticker sheet. 




I used a Dusty Attic stencil for the butterflies in the background with some texture paste. 




Products used on this layout:

* Dusty Attic chipboard: Treasure the little.... DA16061
* Dusty Attic chipboard: Elegant Swirls #13 DA11332
* Dusty Attic stencil: butterflies
* Corrugated Card: red
* Fancy Pants:  Arctic Chill: Arctic Chill cards
* American Crafts: 5th & Frolic: Aspen Place
* American Crafts: 5th & Frolic: 2nd & Oak
* American crafts: 5th & Frolic: Simplicity Circle
* American crafts: 5th & Frolic: sticker sheet
* Kaisercraft: Silver Bells: Sticker Sheet
* gesso
* white embossing powder
* texture paste
* Prima: Druzzy Stones: Black
* Flowers from Wild Orchis Crafts



SPONSORS We're so excited to have eight generous sponsors this month! Our sponsors are among the best in the crafting industry, offering unique and trendy products.




We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!
The deadline for completing this Case File is Tuesday, October 31, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to link your layout using the link tool in the sidebar of the CSI blog, and mention the Evidence and Testimony clues you used. Also, please title your link with your name and country.

Thanks for popping by today, I do hope you will join in with us! 


Ginny :)







No comments:

Post a Comment